Amy Sue Goldenberg
Amy Goldenberg is an associate at Coffey Modica O’Meara’s White Plains office. With years of experience working for law firms in New York and New Jersey, she represents national insurance companies and their insureds in New York Labor Law, personal injury, general liability, and premises liability matters.
She regularly reviews medical records and drafts pleadings, motions, memorandums and correspondence with clients, adversaries, experts, and other people central to her cases. She also is experienced with taking depositions and conducting in-depth legal research.
Amy’s background in business and her judicial clerkships have guided her practice and helped to advance her clients’ goals throughout the litigation process.
Her business acumen provides her with a deep understanding of her clients’ businesses and the optimal litigation strategies to pursue. She also attributes her negotiating experience as an account manager to her ability to settle matters on behalf of her clients for a small fraction of plaintiffs’ demands.
In addition, Amy’s judicial clerkships set the foundation for what makes her an effective lawyer. Not only did they provide her with the judicial perspective on litigation, but the judges for whom she worked specifically guided her on what good lawyers should and should not do.
The position also helped her to strengthen her legal writing capabilities and advance the strong oral advocacy skills she developed in law school as a member of the Moot Court Team and CALI Award Winner for Best Oral Advocate.
Amy is a certified mediator with the New Jersey courts and is a member of the Brennan-Vanderbilt Inn of Court.
- New Jersey
- New York
- Touro College Jacob D. Fuchsberger Law Center, JD
- Boston University, BS in Communications
- Judicial Law Clerk, Hon. Dennis F. Carey III, Presiding Judge, Civil Division, NJ Superior Court
- Judicial Law Clerk, Hon. Russell J. Passamano, Family Division, NJ Superior Court
- Externship, Hon. Leonard D. Wexler, U.S. District Court, Eastern District of NY
- Internship, Suffolk County Law Department (NY) General Litigation Department